To maintain the Cambodian tradition, the Board of Directors and members of Wat Kiry Vongsa Bopharam organize the New Year ceremony on the following dates.
* Sunday the 14th Waxing Moon of Citta B.E.2557, year of the Snake, equivalent to April 13, A.D.2014. This year the New Year commences on Monday the 15th Waxing Moon, day of abstinence, of Citta B.E.2557, year of the Horse, equivalent to April 14, A.D.2014.
* Tuesday the 1st Waning Moon of Citta B.E.2557 equivalent to April 15, A.D.2014: Second day of the New Year
* Wednesday the 2nd Waning Moon of Citta B.E.2557 equivalent to April 16, A.D.2014: Final day of the New Year
Wat Kiry Vongsa Bopharam will conclude the New Year ceremony on Saturday the 5th Waning Moon of Citta B.E.2557, year of the Horse, equivalent to April 19, A.D.2014.
Daily Buddhist chants to transmit the merits to the ancestors, deceased Buddhist monks and loved ones.
Morning Program * 9:30AM Alms Round
* 10:30AM Namaskar – Pay Homage to the Triple Gem (Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha), receive the 5 precepts,
offer afternoon meal to the Buddhist monks, invite the Buddhist monks to chant and transmit merits
to the ancestors, deceased Buddhist monks and loved ones, who remain with the samsara the
cycle of life.
* 11:30AM Lunch for the devotees and guests
This auspicious traditional ceremony opens to everyone and free of charge.
Please note that the Buddhist era 2558 commences on Wednesday the 1st Waning Moon of Visakha, year of the Horse, equivalent to May 14, A.D.2014.
Venue: Wat Kiry Vongsa Bopharam, the Peace Meditation Center, 100A Cave Hill Road, Leverett, MA Directions
A Dhamma Talk on Vipassana and mindfulness meditation by Vipassana Gossalaya Jotannano Hong Keo, Vipassana Buddhist Master during a 10-Day Meditation & Vipassana Retreats at the Buddhist Meditation Center, Wat Kiryvongsa Bopharam on the 11th Waxing Moon – 7th Waning Moon of Jeṭṭha B.E.2560 equivalent to June 15 – 26, A.D.2016 in Leverett, Massachusetts, U.S.A. in 2016.
ក្រុងសាវត្ថី Sāvatthī or Śrāvastī
Vipassana chanting by Meditation Master Ketodhammo Som Bunthoeun. Footages from 2016 Vipassana classes at the Buddhist Meditation Center – Wat Kiryvongsa Bopharam in Leverett, Massachusetts, USA.
SAMDECH CHUON NATH
Khmer literature and Dhamma talk by His Holiness Jotannano Chuon Nath, the Supreme Patriarch of Cambodia Buddhism. His Holiness was born on March 11, 1883; passed away on September 25, 1969
MAHA GHOSANANDA SERVICES
Extraordinary Funeral and Memorial Services for His Holiness Samdech Dr. Maha Ghosananda