This is the noble truth of dukkha:
birth is dukkha,
aging is dukkha,
illness is dukkha,
death is dukkha;
sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief and despair are dukkha;
union with what is displeasing is dukkha;
separation from what is pleasing is dukkha;
not to get what one wants is dukkha;
in brief, the five aggregates subject to clinging are dukkha.
One day, Buddha disclosed to his Bhikkus the 12 results of bad deeds he had done in his previous births for which he had to suffer in this birth. According to ‘Pubba Kamma Pilothika apadaana’ they are as follows:
1. The accusations the Buddha got for frequenting the female ascetic Sundaree’s temple. (In a previous birth, Buddha had accused the Pase Buddha named Sarangu).
2. The scandal because of Chinchimaanawika who impersonated herself as a pregnant woman. (This is due to calling the disciple Nanada of the Buddha Sabbahingu, an epicure, in one of Buddha’s births).
3. The accusation, that Buddha raped and killed the female ascetic Sundaree and buried her body near a flower altar was widely talked about for seven days. After seven days, the truth came out. (This happened because of scolding Saint Bheema in one of his previous births).
4. Bikkhu Devdath pushed a huge rock on the Buddha. (This is because in a previous birth, Buddha killed his own brother with greed for wealth by pushing him down a mountain and plunging a huge rock after him).
5. Bikkhu Devdath tried to kill Buddha by hiring archers. (This is because in a previous birth, as a child, Buddha had thrown a stone at a Pase Buddha.)
6. Intoxicated elephant named Nalagiri was sent to kill Buddha. (This is because in a previous birth, Buddha as a mahout, led his elephant towards a Pase Buddha who was walking nearby with the intention of killing him).
7. Bhikku Devdath, pushed a huge rock from the immense ‘Gijjakuta’ on Buddha, who was walking at the foot of it. Because of Buddha’s power, another big rock sprang up and stopped it. But, in the process, a small piece of rock hit Buddha’s toe and injured it. The Doctor had to split the toe and remove the bad blood. (This is because in a previous birth, Buddha had ordered a man to be killed, as king Pruthuvishwara).
8. Buddha suffered from a constant headache. (This is because in a previous birth, Buddha born into the fishing clan, laughed happily when he saw the large amount of fish his kin had captured).
9. Buddha, who had disciples, followers and contributors in all three worlds had to survive on barley since he didn’t get a grain of rice during his 12th ‘Vas’ season. (This is because in a previous birth, Buddha had accused Buddha named ‘Pussa’ for eating tasteful rice asking him to eat barley instead).
10. Buddha suffered from a constant spinal problem. (This is because in a previous birth, as a wrestling giant, Buddha had broken the spine of his opponent).
11. Buddha suffered from acute diarrhea. (This is because in a previous birth, as a doctor, Buddha had cured a noble; when he didn’t get his fee, Buddha had given the noble an aperient which caused the noble to purge blood. The noble got scared and paid him; in return, Buddha cured him again.
12. Prince Siddhartha had to suffer immensely for six years before attaining Nirvana. (This is because in a previous birth, as the layman Jothipala, had talked against Kashyapa Buddha with a Brahmin named Ghatikara).
ពិធីបុណ្យខួបសម្ដេចបវរសេដ្ឋាធិបតី សឺន សាន
The 15th Anniversary on the Passing Commemoration of the late and renowned Samdech Son Sann
Son Sann was an anti-communist and opposed the invasion and occupation of Kampuchea (Cambodia) by Vietnam in the late 1978.
Bhikkhu Dhanadhammo But Buntenh giving dhamma talk on Compassion and Environment Protection in Kampuchea (Cambodia) on DEC 13
ព្រះភិក្ខុ ឋានៈធម្មោ ប៊ុត ប៊ុនតិញ ជាស្ថាបនិកបណ្ដាញព្រះសង្ឃឯករាជ្យ ដើម្បីយុត្ដិធម៌សង្គម។
ព្រះភិក្ខុ ឋានៈធម្មោ ប៊ុត ប៊ុនតិញ គង់នៅទីពីរ រាប់ពីខាងឆ្វេង Bhikkhu Dhanadhammo But Buntenh, second front left
“I bear witness”
These were the words of the Earth as a testament to The Buddha dear sangha. At a time when Siddartha Gautama was facing the biggest challenge of his life, he called upon our Earth to be his witness.
The Buddha then went and meditated at the foot of a mucalinda tree. It began to rain heavily and a huge king cobra came out and coiled his body seven times around the Buddha to keep him warm and placed his hood over the Buddha’s head to protect him from the rain. After seven days the rain stopped and the snake changed into a young man who paid his respects to the Buddha. The Buddha then said:
“Happy are they who are contented. Happiness is for those who hear and know the truth. Happy are they who have good will in this world towards all sentient beings. Happy are they who have no attachments and have passed beyond sense-desires. The disappearance of the word “I AM ” is indeed the highest happiness.” Courtesy Amit Amit, BBN Community
The Three Refuges
Buddham Dhammam Sangham
Buddham saranam gacchami
I go to the Buddha for refuge.
Dhammam saranam gacchami
I go to the Dhamma for refuge.
Sangham saranam gacchami
I go to the Sangha for refuge.
ស្ថិតនៅក្នុងភូមិពណ៌ស ឃុំពណ៌ស ស្រុកសម្រោងទង ខេត្ដកំពង់ស្ពឺ ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា
Wat Salaung Bodhi Mangkol Por Sor
Located in Por Sor village, Por Sor commune, Samroang Taung district, Kampong Speu province, Kampuchea (Cambodia).
A Dhamma Talk on Vipassana and mindfulness meditation by Vipassana Gossalaya Jotannano Hong Keo, Vipassana Buddhist Master during a 10-Day Meditation & Vipassana Retreats at the Buddhist Meditation Center, Wat Kiryvongsa Bopharam on the 11th Waxing Moon – 7th Waning Moon of Jeṭṭha B.E.2560 equivalent to June 15 – 26, A.D.2016 in Leverett, Massachusetts, U.S.A. in 2016.
ក្រុងសាវត្ថី Sāvatthī or Śrāvastī
Vipassana chanting by Meditation Master Ketodhammo Som Bunthoeun. Footages from 2016 Vipassana classes at the Buddhist Meditation Center – Wat Kiryvongsa Bopharam in Leverett, Massachusetts, USA.
SAMDECH CHUON NATH
Khmer literature and Dhamma talk by His Holiness Jotannano Chuon Nath, the Supreme Patriarch of Cambodia Buddhism. His Holiness was born on March 11, 1883; passed away on September 25, 1969
MAHA GHOSANANDA SERVICES
Extraordinary Funeral and Memorial Services for His Holiness Samdech Dr. Maha Ghosananda